A few words about International Olympiad of Science 2017 (iOS’17)
IOS is conducted every year by Silver Zone Foundation in collaboration with Mathematic Olympiad Foundation. The students from class 1 to 12 can take part in it and the examination shall be on the basis of ICSE/CBSE and the state board syllabus of the individual class. The school will carry out the process of registration, for the students who are keen on taking part in iOS’17. First two stages of the Olympiad exam shall be organized in the school thereof.
The iOS’17 is an exam of competency and expertise in science. The students get a chance to know about themselves, internationally. The exams at the local or provincial stage do not give the ruling for the challenges in the future. It encourages the proliferation of science at the school, regional and further stages by estimating their ranks and rewarding them.
International Olympiad of Science, 2017 Dates-
|Start of Ios’17 Registration||1st April 2017|
|Last Date for applying to iOS’17||31st August 2017|
|iOS’17 Test Dates|| Stage 1 : 15th of November 2017 and 6th of December 2017
Stage 2 : Jan/Feb 2018
Stage 3 : July/August 2018
iOS’17 Eligibility Criteria
|Gender||Males and Females|
|Area Covered||India and other countries|
|Class /Age||Standard 1 to 12|
|Details||Language of the exams: English Candidate’s Registration: Via school only|
Standard wise qualification of the students
- All the students of standard 1 to 12 are qualified to take part in Stage 1.
- The first 500 Olympiad merit gainers of Stage 1 from each class will vie for top places in a Stage 2 tests. All standard 1st position holders having got at least 75% of marks with at least 75 students from a participating school also stand qualified for Stage 2.
- Olympiad 1st position gainers of the standards 6th to 12th from Stage 2 will stand qualified for 3rd Stage 3 will be organized at New Delhi, India.
International Olympiad of Science (iOS’17) Prizes or Awards
The top position holders out of competition will be prizes at every stage of the Olympiad tests. There are three stages of iOS’17 and the top position gainers from each stage will be given prizes and a chance to vie at the next stage. The details of the prizes are as given below:
Stage 1: The candidates gaining top position will vie for the next stage and the prizes will be distributed as given below:
- The top position holders from the position 4-10 will be given wrist watches.
- Exciting Gifts will be given to the top rank holders from 11th to 25th.
- The top 26-200 rank holders will be given certificate of achievement.
- The 1st, 2ndand 3rd rank holders from each class of a participating school will be awarded Gold, Silver and Bronze medals subject to obtaining at least 50% marks in the Olympiad exams.
- All the students taking part in iOS’17 will be given student participation certificates with their Standard/Olympiad/Position written on them.
- The students obtaining the 1st position in standard 11 will be entitled to a winner’s trophy and a cash award of Rs.51,000 and the students obtaining 1st position in standard 12 will be entitled to a winner’s trophy and a cash reward of Rs. 1,00,000.
- The students of class 1 to 10 obtaining 1st position in standard 1 to 10, will be entitled to a TAB and a winner’s trophy.
- The students who obtain 2nd position at the Olympiad examination will be entitled to a winner’s trophy and a Digicam.
- The students who obtain 3rd position at the Olympiad examination will be entitled to a winner’s trophy and a cash prize of Rs 5,000.
- The students obtaining 1st, 2nd and 3rd position at the province stage will be provided with Topper achievement Medals and fabulous prizes.
Stage 3 :
- The students obtaining top 2 positions at the third stage of Olympiad will be sent to NASA on an educational tour.
iOS’17 Application Form and Procedure or Process
The stage 1 and 2 tests will be organized at the school itself and the registration to this effect will be done by the concerned school for their students. The registration procedure will commence from 1st of April 2017. The recount of the Ios’17 candidature procedure are given as per the following:
The schools will complete the candidature offline. Individual candidature will not be allowed for iOS’ 17. The two dates ie. 15th of November, 2017 and 6th of December, 2017 have been decided for the exams, out of which the schools have to choose depending upon their availability.
Essential things about iOS’ 17 Application form
- The students have to make payments to participate in the iOS’17 and this will be done by demand draft or by electronic transfer.
- The iOS’17 exam will be organized in three separate stage and the top position holder from each stage will go to the next stage.
- The two dates for conducting the iOS’17 are 15th of Nov. 2017 and 6th of December, 2017.
- To make the payments for the examination, the schools have to choose from anyone of the methods as given below.
- The information related to the payment is being given below. The students have to find out the way to pay the candidature fee.
Candidature Fee for the payment of iOS’17
To pay for the candidature fee, the applicant has to transfer the fee amount in the below given savings account :
- A/c Name: Society of Science Education
- A/c Number: 913010028530471
- Bank Name: Axis Bank
- Branch: Safdarjung Enclave
- Swift Code: AXISINBB015
- IFSE Code: UTIB0001358
Fee details for iOS’17
- For Indian schools: Out of the partaking fees, Rs. 20 will be deducted by the school towards the honorarium of the invigilator and other expenditure such as postal expenses, cost of making DD and the Xeroxing etc. The expenditure on study material has not been added in the fee.
- For schools outside India: Out of the fee towards the participation, USD$2 will be deducted by the school towards the honorarium of the invigilator and other expenditure Such as postal expenses, cost of making DD and Xeroxing etc. The cost of study material has not been added in the fee.
Particulars Fee for participation Study Material cost
For Indian schools Rs.120 Rs.280
For schools outside India USD$8 USD$14
Application Form Submission
The candidates should confirm the details of the candidature form and then should submit finally because the candidate shall not be able to change anything in the form, once it is submitted.
The candidate should send the DD along with the candidature form to the following address either by courier or by post:
| B-2, Ansal Chamber 2
Bhikaji Cama Place
New Delhi-110066, India
iOS’ 17 Selection Process
The iOS’17 examination shall be organized in two categories; the categories have been drawn on the basis of the class of the partaking candidates. The pattern of the exam along with the syllabus is based on the following information:
The exam Pattern:
There examination will be organized in two categories and in the test paper, there will be 5-10 percent questions from the subject ‘Applied Science’:
For standard 1-2:
- Any negative marking: No
- Time duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 30
- Question types: Multiple choice answers
For standard 3-10:
- Any negative marking: No
- Time duration: 60 minutes
- Number of questions: 40
- Question types: Multiple choice answers (on OMR sheet).
The Stages of Examination: The iOS’17 exam will have three stages, out of these stages 1 & 2 will be organized at the school whereas the Stage 3 will be organized at Delhi. The information in detail is as given below:
- Stage 1 examination will be organized at individual schools on 15th of November,2017 and also on 6th of December,2017. The candidates, whosoever wants to partake in this examination, may do so.
- Candidates falling in the top 500 positions shall be allowed to participate in the stage 2 of the Olympiad tests. The tests will be organized in the months of January/February 2018.
- The stage 3 of the Olympiad tests shall be organized in new Delhi in the months July/August 2018.
The curriculum of the exam is separate for various standards. Based on the standard of the candidate, the syllabus and sample tests can be downloaded from here.
Other International Olympiads organized by Silver Zone–
Apart from the iOS, silver Zone also organizes the Olympiads as given below:
- International Informatics Olympiad
- International Mathematics Olympiad
- Smart Kid General Knowledge Olympiad
- International French Language Olympiad
- Akhil Bharti Hindi Olympiad
- International Talent Hunt Olympiad
The international Olympiad of Science (iOS’17), Contact Details-
B-2, Ansal Chambers 2
Bhikaji Cama Place
Phone:+91-11-26166210, 11, 12