The Ministry of minority affairs had started the MOMA Scholarship which is merit cum means Scholarship and is generally known as MOMA Scholarship. This scheme was started with a view to providing help to the students who come from minority community but are meritorious and are from economically weaker sections and are interested in following their academic career and courses for higher and technical/commercial subjects.
a) In India, Jains, Zorastrians (Parsis), Buddhists, Christians, Muslims and Sikhs come under Minority communities.
b) The Union Territories/State Governments become the means to provide the scholarships or for that matter any organization assigned by the state Governments to various students from within the boundaries of India.
c) The scholarship is provided to the students who want to pursue UG / PG curriculums such as MBBS / Medical / Architecture / Engineering / Para Medical curriculums / Veterinary Science / Animal Husbandry / CA / CS / ICWA / MBA / MCA/ Law / Pharmacy / Design / Fashion Technology.
d) The merit cum means scholarship will be provided for a few curriculums and not for all the eligible Curriculums.
e) Each year, the scholarship is provided to more than 20,000 students.
f) In each state, the number of scholarship is 503.
g) Most institutions such as IITs and NITs are qualified for state wise list for full reimbursement.
MOMA Scholarships-What are they?
a) The ministry of minority affairs provides the scholarships generally known by the name of MOMA Scholarships.
b) The students of the minority community, who are worthy of merit, are provided with this scholarship to go for the higher studies.
c) The number of denizens of the minority community in a state/Union Territory is given funds by the central Government for this scholarship.
d) The students are awarded scholarships by the States / UTs.
MOMA Scholarship quota for the female students
In every minority community in a province, 30% of the scholarships are fixed for the girls but if for a specific scholarship the number of girls is less than this percentage, then the remaining number of scholarships will be awarded to some other students of that community itself.
Different types of Scholarships under MOMA scholarship
MOMA Scholarships are given under the two categories i.e. for the students of class 1-12 and for the students beyond class 12 for UG / PG studies.
MOMA Scholarships Class
MOMA scholarship for students prior to high school for standard 1-10
MOMA Scholarship for students after high school for standard 11 to Ph.D.
Merit cum Means Scholarship post standard 12 for commercial/technical curriculas
Maulana Azad Scholarships for girls MOMA Scholarships for the girl students who have taken admission in 11th standard.
Important dates for MOMA Scholarship
Event Dates for new application Dates for renewal
Sending of online application 1st June to 31st August 2017 1st June to 31st July 2017
Scrutiny of application by Institute November 2017 November 2017
Scrutiny of application by State/UT November 2017 December 2017
List of finally selected students Nov-Dec 2017 December 2017
MOMA Scholarship Qualification Method
Class/Age Commercial / Technical curriculum being studied by the student
- The candidate must be from the minority community.
- The candidate must be an Indian.
- The candidate should be studying in any of the following commercial / Technical curriculum- MBBS / Medical / Architecture / Engineering / Para Medical curriculums / Veterinary Science / Animal Husbandry / CA / CS / ICWA / MBA / MCA / Law/ Pharmacy / Design / Fashion Technology.
- The earnings of the candidate/parents/Guardian must not be more than Rs. 2,50,000.
- The candidate should have scored at least 50% marks in the higher secondary exam.
- The Scholarship will be awarded to only those candidates who are studying in a college/institute and got admitted via a competitive exam or via merit and have scored at least 50% marks in class 12th
Details ( Not qualified for Merit cum means Scholarship )
- Candidates availing this scholarship are not entitled to any other scholarship.
- A maximum of two candidates of a family can avail this scholarship.
- Those candidates who are undergoing internship/housemanship for M.B.B.S. or any technical curriculum will not be given a scholarship.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn if the candidate changes the course for which he was provided with the scholarship.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn/canceled if the candidate opts out/discontinues his/her studies.
Assigning the MOMA scholarship
- The candidate would be provided with financial assistance under the MOMA scholarship.
- The curriculum fees would be fully reimbursed to the candidate studying at IITs and NITs anywhere in India.
- The college fees of the candidates would be paid to the institute, directly.
- The candidates would be paid the maintenance allowances, directly.
|Type of Aid||Hostellers||Day scholars|
|1 Maintenance reimbursement (10 months)||Rs 10,000 per annum||Rs. 5000 per annum|
|2 Province wise listing of qualified institutes for full payment of fees. Compete course fee will compensated to the students enrolled in selected institutions / college||Curriculum fee- Rs 20,000 yearly or actual whichever is less.|
The candidates are supposed to get their MOMA scholarship renewed each year given the fact that they score minimum qualifying marks.
Each year, renewal of scholarship – from 1st June to 31st July, 2017
MOMA Scholarship Application Form and Process
For the Scholarship of the year 2017, students have to apply via online mode and for that, they have to go to the official website of national scholarship portal.
- The candidates have to adhere to the guidelines while sending the MOMA scholarship application, online
- To apply at the official website, they have to create a candidate’s account(There is no need for registration if it is already present)
- A temporary ID will be given to the candidate.
- They will have to choose the name of the scholarship to which they want to send their application.
- The candidates have to get their registration done on the website. (They should read the FAQs first).
- After filling the application form completely and submitting it they should keep a printout of it.
Documents required to be sent with the MOMA application form
- A copy of the scholarship application form(signed by the student).
- A passport size photograph with the candidates’ signature.
- Self-attested copies of all the certificates of all the examinations passed.
- Income proof of the parent/Guardian even if self-employed or employed somewhere.
- Community declaration by the candidates.
- Receipt of the curriculum fees.
- Send all these documents to the provincial department of the province where you come from.
- A permanent ID will be created once the province department recommends for the scholarship of the student.
- The candidate will be informed about the status of the scholarship via E-Mail and SMS.
- Permanent ID will be needed at the time of renewal of the MOMA Scholarship.
Selection process for the MOMA Scholarship 2017
The selection will be done adhering to the merit. The priority would be given to the institutes of repute, province-wise. Subject to the approval of the scholarship, the province/UT will put the details of the chosen candidates on its website. The merit list of the chosen students will be put on the website in the 1st week of November 2017.
Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)
The Government of India established MOMA on January 29, 2006. It was created to show equal respect of administrative and executive bodies towards the minority groups in the country and also to care for the needs of the minority groups in the country.
Share This Article With Friends
Click to Download Saying Truth App