India, one of the largest democracies in this world is also a land of wonders. Whether it is the diverse culture of our country or the unity in diversity, it makes everyone fall in love with India.
Though a lot of criticism has been thrown towards our country lately, we know India is a great nation and there are valid facts backing its greatness.
So, let’s have a look at some those facts that will make you feel proud of being an Indian citizen:
1) Our very own language Sanskrit is known as the mother of all languages like English and French etc.
In fact, it is also considered as the best language for computer coding too.
2) One of the oldest civilization, India is the largest democracy with world’s second largest population.
Also Read : Amazing ideas that helping the Jharkhand villagers to achieve 100 % Literacy Rate
3) India is the only country to have reached Mars in the very first attempt.
4) It was ISRO’s mission Chandrayaan-1 that found out the availability of water on moon.
5) 14 year old VA Shiva invented e-mail and Sabir Bhatia invented Hotmail, making India a master at technology too.
6) World’s first university was established in Takshila, India in 700 B.C.
7) Baily Bridge, built by the Indian army in Ladakh is World’s highest bridge at the height of 5602 meters.
Also Read : Pokemon Go app could put your children at risk
8) India is one of the world’s largest hubs for diamond and jewellery manufacturing. Also, it is the second largest consumer of gold.
9) India has the second largest number of Scientists and Engineers after US in the World.
10) World’s highest cricket pitch is in Chail (Himachal) at a height of 2444 meters above sea level.
11) World’s highest helipad and battlefield is at Siachen Glacier, 16000 feet above sea level.
Also Read : Click it Right: Internet Safety Know about for Every Netizen
12) Varanasi is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.
13) Indian railway system is the largest employer in the world by providing employment to over 1.6 million people.
14) With 1,300.000 active count and 1,800,000 reserved count, Indian Army after China is the world’s second largest army.
15) India has been the prime troop contributor to the UN’s Peacekeeping Missions since its commencement.
Join us on Facebook (Saying Truth) and Twitter (@TheSayingTruth).
To get news on WhatsApp, just send ‘Start’ to 097 29997710 via WhatsApp.