SBI launched a Zero-Fee credit card “Unnati” targeting the SBI customers across the country, including all the Jandhan account holders. The card is for all SBI Savings Accounts holders, who’ve maintained a balance of INR 20,000 to 25,000.
Furthermore, to encourage the digital payments, Unnati will be offered free, at zero annual charges for 4 years. Also, the SBI Unnati card was launched by SBI Chairperson Arundhati Bhattacharya and Union Minister Piyush Goel.
How to get the SBI Credit Card?
The official website of SBI advised people to approach the nearest SBI branch. Here’s all you need to do:
- Go the official website: sbicard.com
- Click on to “Free Unnati Credit Card” link
- Read the terms and conditions
- Download the SBI Unnati Card Brochure
- Visit the nearest SBI Branch
- Submit the required documents
- All the SBI Jandhan account holders are also eligible for a free Unnati card
Features offered by the SBI Unnati Credit Card:
- World-wide acceptance
- Add-on cards
- Facility of Bill payments
- Easy Money
- Balance Transfers on EMI
- Cash back of INR 500 on spending INR 50,000 or more in a year
- Fuel surcharge wavier of 2.5% for each transaction between INR 500 – 3000 (excluding GST and all other charges) Maximum surcharge wavier of INR 100 per statement cycle, per credit card account.
- Railway tickets: 1.8% of the transaction amount + the applicable service charge ( through irctc.co.in )
The SBI Chairperson said that the idea of this free card came into existence after the bank opened around 89 Laths Jandhan accounts post demonetization. Giving these account holders a 45-day on the available amount call for a real empowerment.
In conclusion, we can say that the Unnati card is going to prove to be a highly effective tool in promoting digital transactions.
Great innitiative a zero annual charges credit card launched by state bank of India.