Social Security has been a major concern for almost every citizen in this country. This issue has been a common concern especially among those who fall in the category of ‘Financially Disabled’. These people take up jobs like that of a maid, servant and driver. But then their life gets captured under the shackles of never ending hardships.
Unfortunately, these people are never debt free.
They keep on repaying numerous loans which arise on every other day.
It becomes extremely difficult for them to manage their expenses like their children’s school fees, electricity bills, medical bills and some necessary purchases for running their daily life.
There are a lot of people who are highly interested in helping their maids, drivers and servants by offering loans. But then even that money proves to be insufficient for their survival. One of the biggest reasons for this regular shortage of money is their family circumstances.
They (male) come back home after completing a hectic working day and start puking away all their frustration on their wives in a brutal manner. Due to excessive consumption of alcohol, they start losing their mind and become ferocious to their family members. In short, the husbands drink away all their money.
The government india has launched many welfare schemes (Sarkari Yojanas), India is witnessing several changes concentrating towards the welfare of the citizens. The protection of social security is always the primary agenda of the government and current Govt has brought in significant improvements regarding social security. The government has successfully launched some good schemes which promise to alleviate the lives of the ‘Financially Backward’ citizens.
1. A Bank Account for everyone
Jan Dhan Yojana
This is one of the best ways in which you can help such people who are not able to enjoy any kind of privileges. Opening a bank account will make their lives better in a great proportion. Try to get them enrolled specifically for an account in any Govt Bank under Jan Dhan Yojana.
These accounts can be opened with zero balance.
This will help them to avail all kinds of social security schemes launched by the government. You have to sit with them and religiously spend some time for doing a one-time registration.
Here are some advantages which they will get from this address registration –
- This will ensure their financial inclusion
- This will help them to protect their money from their drunk husbands
- This will help to engage a good credit rating. In case they apply for a loan in future from the bank, their good credit rating will help them a lot.
Also Read: Important Schemes & Programmes Launched by Government of India
2. Term Insurance
You have to agree with the fact that the nature of their job makes them have too many dependents. They are considered to be the anchor of their ships, who have to take care of their family till their last breath. But then in order to redeem their responsibilities, they have to make sure that there is some help behind them always.
There are two schemes which were launched by the government and proved to be financial backbone for such people
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana – an annual premium of just Rs. 12 and all the injuries and accidental deaths will be covered.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojna – an annual premium of just Rs. 330
It is highly recommended that you all should get them enrolled for these two schemes so that don’t have to worry about dealing with any kind of emergencies. By paying just Rs. 342 per annum, they will enjoy the benefit of an insurance cover worth Rs. 4 Lakhs (2 lakh under each).
For Details Visit: www.jansuraksha.gov.in
3. Pension Scheme :
Atal Pension Yojana: This scheme is for those who are working in any unorganized sector. It is administered by PFRDA (the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority) and is a replacement of the obsolete Swavalamban Yojana NPS Lite.
- The subscribers of this scheme will receive a fixed monthly pension ranging from INR 1000 to INR 5000 at the age of 60 years depending upon their contributions.
- Age Limit – 18-40 years
- Subscriber needs to contribute for a minimum of 20 years and the pension payment will begin when he/she turns 60
4. Saving for a Girl Child
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana:
A small deposit scheme for the girl child, but a giant leap for female betterment in the rural areas.
- Upper age limit of opening this account is 10 years.
- Deposit limit –INR 1000 to 1.5 lakh
- Interest rate – Interest rate for financial year 2015-16 is 9.2% which is promised to increase every year.
- Maturity period – 21 years from the date of account opening
- Minimum lock-in period: 11 years.
For Detail visit: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
5. Disabled Rehabilitation
Deendayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme
This scheme aims at creating a society where differently abled people are provided with an enabling environment to ensure equal opportunities and empowerment.
- Providing grant-in-aid to NGOs for everything from vocational training and special schools to community based rehabilitation and social equity
- The maximum level of support that the government can provide is up to 90% of the eligible amount.
6. Healthcare treatment
Healthcare has been the matter of serious importance for the government right from the beginning. The absence of good quality healthcare has been the reason why a lot such people have been deprived of living a healthy life.
But everything is going to be alright as the government has brought in various schemes like
- The Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (an annual premium of just Rs. 50 can help you to combat all sorts of health problems)
- Swavlamban Health Insurance Scheme to the person with Disabilities (this scheme lets you enjoy an insurance cover of Rs. 2 Lakhs for an annual premium of just Rs. 357).
- Indira Gandhi Matritva Sahyog Yojana : Launched by Ministry of Women and Child Development in 2010, this scheme aims to provide cash incentives to pregnant women for improved health and nutrition.
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojana (PMJAY): Under the scheme, over 500 medicines are available through Jan Aushadhi stores at price less than the market price.
These schemes have proved to bring a revolutionary change in the field of healthcare. These schemes have made good quality healthcare to become reachable to every citizen of this country. With minimal expenditures, these people can avail good quality healthcare facilities and prevent them from all kinds of diseases and health problems.
7. For Shelter or Home
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY):
Under the Scheme, the govt aims to provide affordable houses to the people belonging to EWS and LIG categories.
Under the scheme, the govt provides financial aid to the poor needy home buyers, interest subsidy on home loan and direct subsidy on homes purchased through the scheme.
Official Website: http://mhupa.gov.in or Also Visit the link : Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Launched: 1 May 2016
Main Objective: To distribute free LPG connections to the women belonging to 3.5 Crore BPL families across the country.
According the estimates, about 1.50 Crore BPL families will be benefited under the scheme in the year 2016-17. The scheme will cover 3.5 Crore more BPL families in the next two years. The scheme provides a financial support of Rs 1600 for each LPG connection to the BPL households.
This is the first ever welfare scheme by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas which would benefit crores of women belonging to the poorest households.
Official Website: http://www.petroleum.nic.in