Jeep, the US-based carmaker, revealed its much anticipated Compass 2017 SUV today. This will be Jeep’s 3rd launch in India after the Wrangler Unlimited and the Grand Cherokee.
The production of Jeep Compass 2017 will begin in June this year and the car is expected to hit showrooms by August. Marketed as a budget option from the stable of the company, the Jeep Compass 2017 will be priced in the range of ₹20-25 lakhs.
Here are some of the main features of this highly awaited car:
- Jeep Compass 2017 features a 1.4 liter turbocharged engine for the petrol variant and a 2.0 liter Multijet II engine foe the diesel version. The petrol engine provides 138 bhp of power while the diesel version pumps out 170 bhp. The SUV will be launched in 2 different transmission variants: with a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 9-speed automatic one.
- In a country that values performance and fuel-efficiency greatly, the Jeep Compass 2017 is expected to provide an average highway mileage of 16 km/litre for the diesel version and 12 km/litre for the petrol one
- The new Jeep Compass 2017 features a spacious wheelbase of 2640 mm and is equipped with features such as Macpherson front suspension in order to ensure top performance even in off-road conditions. For this, the car incorporates a ground clearance of a whopping 205 mm.The Jeep Compass 2017 has a width of 1819 mm, height of 1167 mm and features a length of 4398 mm and is a 5-seater which incorporates 60:40 split rear seats to ensure maximum space
- The chassis of the Jeep Compass 2017 is based on that of the famous Jeep Renegade and features a chrome-finish front grille, LED running lights and projector headlights. In order to maintain its off-road ready look, the Jeep Compass 2017 also showcases tapered headlights and a rugged front bumper outfitted with fog lights. For those looking to take long trips on the weekend, the Jeep Compass 2017 features a spacious trunk with a 410 liter capacity
- The interiors of the Jeep Compass 2017 showcase some state-of-the-art features such as a 7-inch entertainment touchscreen. The SUV comes equipped with a U-Connect infotainment system which is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Notably the Jeep Compass 2017 lacks a sunroof.
- The Jeep Compass 2017 incorporates over 45 features dedicated to ensuring the safety of the occupants. These include Electronic Stability Control, 6 safety airbags in addition to the standard front ones, anti-fog coating on the windshield and a hill-start assist, hill-descent control, rear parking sensors and a reverse parking camera.
In sync with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call to Make in India, the Jeep Compass 2017 will be manufactured at Ranjangaon near Pune, Maharashtra and will also be exported to United Kingdom, Australia, and Japan.
With its budget price-point, the Jeep Compass 2017 is expected to present serious competition to other popular SUVs in India including the Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra XUV500 and the Honda CR-V.
Share This Article With Friends
To get news on WhatsApp free, just send ‘Start’ to 9729997710 via WhatsApp
Saying Truth is my Favorite Newspaper